Overpopulation is a very serious issue in today's world that has been overlooked because of other priorties. In many countries such as China, India, Japan, Brazil, and other Latin American countries, there are thousands of people living on the streets because there is literally no room anywhere else. In the ancient times, many overpopulation issues would be solved by mass executions. Fortunatly, this is not a method of population control any more. Other methods included forcing people to leave the country and burning their homes. In my opinion, these are not effective ways to control the population and should no longer be used. If I had to develop my own solution, I honestly don't know exactly what I would do. A cruel but effective way to limit child birth and the population is implementing laws on how many children can be born to a single family. However, a law this harsh would certainly not be accepted by the general public and therefore would not work. I really believe that I don't know enough about our world today and the cultural customs of our world to develop an effective method to control population.
On another note, the last two weeks of world geography have been fairly enjoyable. I have liked beginning to learn about the middle east and the many different cultures of the area. I am really looking for to watching Lawrence of Arabia next week and relaxing after our TAKS testing.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Brett, I totally agree with you on the fact that those cruel ways to control overpopulation should stop. And you are right that creating a law limiting the amount of children a person can have will not work. People should be allowed to have as many kids as they want. My way for controlling overpopulation is spreading the word around the world that there is a population problem
ReplyDeletehi im azim from Connally and i agree with what you say, Its pretty bad to tell a family that they can only have one child especially if they wanted more then child
ReplyDelete