On another note, back here in Austin, we are just wrapping up our own Middle East unit. Last week, we watched Lawrence of Arabia, a movie I really enjoyed. It taught me a lot more about Middle Eastern culture than I might have originally thought. Also, I was very happy after I took our Middle East Unit Test on Tuesday because I thought that I did really well.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Mesopotamia
Of all the places we have learned about this year, I really found the region between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, Mesopotamia, to be the most interesting. I would really enjoy visiting this region for two main reasons. First, there is so much history that has taken place between these two rivers. Mesopotamia is home to some of the first known human civilizations in the world over 10,000 years ago. Also, so much more history is waiting to be discovered. My second reason for visiting Mesopotamia is the cultural diversity of the area. Mesopotamia lies directly in the middle of the Middle East, one of the most diverse areas of the world. Here, I could learn so much about the Muslim culture and could meet so many different kinds of people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha, Brett I'm glad you payed attention in world geography! That is a very cool random place, i never would have though of it.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your test! :)